Updated: Oct 20
Beauty's Top Players Make Their Mark in Neighborhood Retailers & We're Happy About It.
In recent years, there has been an exciting shift in the beauty industry. Gone are the days when you had to make your way to high-end malls or exclusive beauty boutiques to get your hands on the latest beauty products. The beauty industry's top players have been on the move, making their products more accessible and convenient for consumers by expanding their presence in neighborhood retailers. We are calling this shift, "The Great Beauty Migration," and we know beauty lovers everywhere are rejoicing.
The beauty industry has long been associated with high-end shopping experiences. For many, purchasing beauty products was a special occasion, a treat reserved for birthdays or holidays. However, as consumer preferences evolved, the industry began to fall in line by making strategic moves to meet customers where they are: right in their local neighborhood retailers.
One of the key players in this migration is Sephora. Known for its extensive range of high-end beauty products, Sephora has traditionally been found in upscale shopping districts and malls. However, recognizing the demand for greater accessibility, Sephora has expanded its presence in neighborhood retailers, like Kohl's Stores. Now, you can find your favorite Sephora brands while picking up pajamas for your kids.
Ulta Beauty is another major player in this beauty revolution. Ulta, with its wide range of drugstore and luxury brands, has always strived to cater to a diverse customer base. In recent years, they've doubled down on this commitment by opening stores in more rural communities, making it easier than ever to explore their growing brand portfolio.
Brands are also leading this migration. The Lip Bar, known for its ability to break down traditional beauty norms, recently revealed a brand expansion into 3,000 CVS Stores. Then, just weeks later, we got news that our Target runs are getting a little sweeter with the addition of select products from Fenty Beauty.
So, why should beauty lovers be happy about this shift? There are several compelling reasons:
1. Convenience: Perhaps the most obvious benefit is convenience. No more planning special trips to the mall or making appointments at exclusive boutiques. You can now pick up your favorite beauty products while doing your everyday shopping.
2. Price Diversity: With more products available in neighborhood retailers, consumers have access to a wider price range. This means you can choose products that fit your budget without sacrificing quality.
3. Accessibility: This shift has made beauty products more accessible to people who live in areas where high-end malls are scarce. Everyone deserves access to quality beauty products, and this migration is helping bridge that gap.
4. Variety: Neighborhood retailers often carry a mix of drugstore and luxury brands, giving consumers the opportunity to explore a diverse range of products in one place.
5. Try Before You Buy: Many of these retailers offer testers and samples, allowing customers to try out products before making a purchase. This can be a game-changer when it comes to finding the perfect shade or formula.
In conclusion, "The Great Beauty Migration" is a welcome change in the beauty industry. It has made beauty products more accessible, convenient, and diverse than ever before. Whether you're a beauty enthusiast or simply someone looking for quality products, this shift benefits us all. So, next time you're at your local neighborhood retailer, take a stroll down the beauty aisle – you might just discover your new favorite product. Beauty truly is for everyone, and we're ecstatic about it.
For on the go beauty, download our mobile app: My Beauty Kit, IRL
Real Life Beauty Tips, Tools & Resources for our #beautybestie community. Discover new products, track purchases, and curate your beauty favs all in one place.
My Beauty Kit is Beauty IRL (In Real Life)