Top Red Lipsticks for Every Skin Tone!
Hey Besties, we really want to know...do you still find yourself asking the question, “Will red lipstick look good on me?” Well, you're not alone. Even though red is universally known as a classic color, most beauty consumers like to admire it from afar. We celebrate the "Lady In Red" while quietly telling ourselves that we could never wear that.
First, we like to think of makeup as an accessory. Accessories are a great way to explore new looks and bold color choices without making a full commitment to overhaul your entire wardrobe. This is the same approach you should have toward trying new lipstick.
Red is the perfect complement to jewel tones like emerald green, purple, and royal blue. It also adds the perfect pop of color to any denim or all black look.
Keep in mind, not all reds are created equal. With that said, there are 5 that every woman should own. They are rich in color and have a blue undertone that compliments nearly every complexion.
Check out our red lipstick picks:
1. Uncensored by Fenty Beauty: This lipstick is a true showstopper. Its intense red hue is universally flattering, making it a must-have in your makeup collection.
2. Bawse Lady by The Lip Bar: A vibrant, long-lasting red that screams confidence. The Lip Bar knows how to make a statement, and Bawse Lady is the perfect embodiment of that.
3. Betty Boo by D'portier Cosmetics: A classic red that exudes timeless elegance. Whether you're going for a retro look or a modern twist, Betty Boo has got you covered.
4. Don’t Stop by Nars: Nars is known for its quality, and Don't Stop is no exception. This fiery red shade will make your lips pop and stand out against a sultry or neutral palette.
5. Cold Blooded Matte Lipstick by Face FX: This liquid matte definitely lives up to its name. The formula is the thinnest we've ever experienced with a liquid matte and it will outlast you at any event.
6. Feels So Grand by M.A.C Cosmetics: M.A.C Cosmetics is the trusted OG of the beauty world, and Feels So Grand lives up to the hype. Its rich, velvety texture and bold color compliment any ensemble.
7. Ruby by NaChé Cosmetics: NaChé Cosmetics is committed to creating color that is inclusive for the deepest skin tones. If you feel left out of the red lipstick race, NaChé has something special for you.
8. Strong Red Matte by Dior Rouge Collection: The luxury of Dior extends well beyond its stunning handbag line-up. Treat yourself to little luxuries by experiencing Dior's award winning Rouge Collection lipstick in Strong Red. A true classic.
These red lipsticks are the key to elevating your confidence and stepping up your makeup game. Whether you're a seasoned beauty pro or just starting to experiment with bolder looks, these shades will for sure become your go-to favorites.
For on the go beauty, download our mobile app: My Beauty Kit, IRL
Real Life Beauty Tips, Tools & Resources for our #beautybestie community. Discover new products, track purchases, and curate your beauty favs all in one place.
My Beauty Kit is Beauty IRL (In Real Life)